EWB-NCP has been approached by the non-profit Clinica Verde to help out with a great project in Nicaragua! The project involves design and construction of a health clinic in Nicaragua built from environmentally sustainable principles that can be replicated throughout the world. More information regarding the project can be found at the Clinica Verde website, http://www.clinicaverde.org
We are looking for volunteers interested in helping out in any of the following areas:
1) Review and comment on geotech report
2) Investigate possibliites for backup energy system (solar, wind, methane, etc.)
3) Site hydrology review and potential project related to water and sanitation
4) Review of site development concepts and comment/make suggestions on how to
integrate civil engineering requirements
5) Work with our design team to implement suggestions and good practices
6) Review construction documents and mark up as required
7) Review submittals
8) Visit site during construction to review installation
Please comment below if you are interested in getting involved with the project, or email us at email@example.com. Comments are preferred so questions and responses can be viewed by all.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Elections for the following chapter officer positions are currently being held.
- President (
- Director (Antonio Llanos)
- Vice-President (
- Communications Officer (
- Treasurer (
- Student Liaison (Antonio Llanos)
- Programs Coordinator (Jason Lawrence)
- Project Coordinator
- Membership Coordinator
- Fundraising Chair
To nominate someone or yourself (again for any position), please comment below or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
EWB-NCP is having a meet and greet. The meet and greet will be held at Jambalaya in Arcata, CA on December 10, 2008 from 5:30 to 7:00. This will be a great time to get additional information about EWB-NCP's open officer positions, future goals, and potential future projects in Nicaragua, Ecuador, and Mexico. Please join us!
Come join our group on Facebook and help us network with the World. The better our network, the more successful we will be at finding and completing projects. Tell your friends to join too.